Construction is considered to be an essential business. While Nevada’s Governor Steve Sisolak has shut down all non-essential businesses to slow the spread of the coronavirus, construction is not included in that shut down.
- Guide: Recommended COVID-19 Response Plan for Construction Employers
- Guide: Coronavirus Info on Preparation and Response
This means contractors are continuing their normal operations. So, unless you hear differently from your employer, you should continue to keep working.
We are encouraging you to take precautions at work. Steps to avoid catching and spreading the coronavirus. Here are some tips to help prevent the spread of viruses and keep you healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol when soap and water aren’t available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces every day with a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, stay home. If you must go out in public, do your best to avoid close contact with other people.
- Practice social distancing by limiting person-to-person contact within six feet, especially in large groups or in enclosed spaces.
If you’re not feeling well, or think you’re at risk from working with a co-worker who shows symptoms of illness, consult with your employer. If you are sick and sent home, we believe you should still file for unemployment.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, and shortness of breath. 
The Local 169 office is open and available to serve you as needed, but we do encourage you to avoid coming into the office if you can. You can reach us by calling 775-856-0169 or email us at email@example.com. We will be answering phones and emails.
Training classes have been canceled until April 20.
The Union meeting scheduled on March 26 at 7:00pm at the Reno Union Hall has been canceled. COVID-19: Nevada’s Governor Steve Sisolak bans gatherings of 10 or more people because of the COVID-19 global pandemic. To help keep everyone safe, the Laborers Union Local 169 has decided that the March 26, 2020 Union Meeting has been cancelled, thank you for understanding. We hope to see you all at the April 23, 2020 Union Meeting.
Remember to stay safe and stay #UnionStrong!